Help us get the next generation excited about STEAM!
- ONLY 30% OF ARKANSAS 4TH GRADERS ARE PROFICIENT IN SCIENCE & MATH!
The hard reality that Arkansas students have one of the worst science and math proficiency ranks in the country and that overall as a nation we’re one of the worst ranked of the industrialized nations should be alarming. If not addressed, our national shortage of science teachers, technologist, doctors, scientist and engineers will only grow.
- GETTING STUDENTS EXCITED ABOUT SCIENCE BY BRINGING IT TO THEIR SCHOOLS
Prior to COVID I was operating a used portable planetarium that traveled to schools across Arkansas and our surrounding states to get students excited about science. We received enthusiastic response from both students and teachers, having conducted programs for over 12,000 students in the school year prior to the pandemic. Unfortunately, the specialized light bulb that powers the planetarium projector is no longer available (it’s a 30 year old system).
- HOW YOU CAN HELP
I’m trying to raise $60,000 to bring a modern, digital portable planetarium to our state that would enable me to share with our students the same great programming that is available in the largest planetariums in the world. Kids in our region would have access to the same experiences as the students in Chicago, LA, and Dallas without ever having to leave their school!
When the planetarium is coupled with our NASA memorabilia, astronaut autographs, rocket models, fossils, meteorites, minerals and more, we brought the experience of a space science museum to students that would otherwise not have the opportunity.
Here are videos to show you what we’re trying to bring to our state:
Imagine the Impact…
a program like this could have on students in rural areas of Arkansas, E. Oklahoma, S. Missouri and N. Louisiana who’ve never had the opportunity to experience something like this.
To raise the needed funds, I’m asking potential sponsors to consider sponsoring a school(s) in our state.
To sponsor a school is $2000.
Your sponsorship includes:
- Planetarium visit to the school of your choice or we can set up a lottery to give teachers across the state the opportunity to register for a free planetarium visit.
- Each student (approx. 300 / school) will receive a star chart with your name/logo on it to take home and hang on the refrigerator
- We’ll print up 2,000 bookmarks per sponsorship with your name/logo to be handed out to students at the sponsored school and at future schools we visit.
- We’ll print up a sponsorship banner that will be attached to the outside of the planetarium. Your name will be listed on the banner to be seen be teachers/parents across the state for years to come!
- After the equipment arrives, you’ll be invited to a press conference at the state capitol (?) announcing/demonstrating the planetarium and the investment you’ve made in the future of our students.
TO SPONSOR A SCHOOL
By Check: $2000
Arkansas SkyDome Planetarium.
552 Hwy 225 E, Greenbrier, AR 72058
By Credit Card: $2050 ($2,000 sponsorship + $50 credit card processing fee charged by our vendor)
I have a separate account setup where the contribution will be deposited. It will remain separate and untouched until we have raised the necessary funds to purchase the equipment. When it arrives, I will get with each sponsor on their school of choice. I’ll then reach out to the school to schedule a date and make all of the arrangements.
If you are interested in funding the whole planetarium purchase or half the purchase, we have a special sponsorship package available. For details : [email protected]