Arkansas SkyDome Planetarium – Dallas / Ft. Worth School Programs
Explore science and the wonders of the night sky with our portable planetarium and mobile science museum!
AstroScan Observatory provides space related programs for schools in NE Texas. Our programs are conducted by Stephen Meeks, who brings over 30 years of stargazing experience and 20 years of astronomy education to our events. Plus he attended over 2 dozen Space Shuttle launches at the Kennedy Space Center Press Site. This gives your students the rare opportunity to hear from someone who has spoken to astronauts and experienced our space program first hand.
Our inflatable SkyDome brings a star-filled planetarium to your site. Inside your students will learn about night sky and where to find the bright stars / planets that they can see that evening. We also bring our science exhibits including: meteorites, rocket / aircraft models, astronaut autographs, rock and soil samples from around the world, fossils and more.
Age appropriate and weather permitting we bring telescopes for safe viewing of the Sun, Moon, planets and other celestial wonders.
Don’t just get a planetarium show, get a complete mobile space science museum!
Learn more about the current SkyDome Programs Offered
To help you determine if a visit from the SkyDome is in your budget, we’ve prepared the following rate table for schools in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area. While a 1-2 day visit may be cost prohibitive for some districts, when booked for 3-5 days the daily rate is competitive or less than local providers. Remember our program includes our science exhibits and telescope observations which aren’t offered by others. Book us for multiple days or team up with other schools in the area to share the cost. For cost sharing programs must be booked on consecutive days.
For example if three schools in the Dallas area went together and each booked a day, they would each be charged $600. If a large school district in Arlington booked us for four consecutive days it would be $550 per day and we could visit one or multiple sites during those four days.
|City||Miles||Rate / Day||1 day||2 days||3 days||4 days||5 days|
|Dallas / Ft. Worth Portable Planetarium Programs||350||$900||$700||$600||$550||$500|
Contact us for a quote or special circumstances. We are happy to work with you.
Schedule A Program
For more information or to schedule a program contact Stephen at:
email@example.com or 501.314.9250
- Indoor room (Gym, Cafeteria, etc.) Minimum floor space: 30 feet by 30 feet
- Minimum ceiling height: 12 feet with no obstructions (light fixtures, etc.)
- Easy access to parking to bring in and take out equipment
- 2 grounded 120-volt standard electrical outlets.
- Clean, swept floor.
- ~45 minutes to setup / breakdown equipment
- For telescope use – Nearby outdoor location to setup telescope equipment that is easy for students to transition to and is secure between groups.
- For multi-day programs, secure location to lock up equipment overnight.
- Maximum capacity:
- Grades K-4: 27 students
- Grades 4-7: 25 students
- Grades 8-Adult: 22 people
- Programs are 30-60 minutes long depending on your need.
- A teacher / parent must be present during programs and accompany student’s inside planetarium.
- Organization provides 2-4 tables for us to setup the exhibits.
- Unless other arrangements are made, program fee due on the date of the programs.
- Plan on 45 min. – 1 hour lunch / dinner break for SkyDome hosts where applicable.
- Organization assumes responsibility for theft or damage to equipment / exhibits caused by attendees beyond normal wear and tear.