Arkansas SkyDome Portable Planetarium and Science Museum
Library / Community Programs
Bring the wonders of the night sky to your library or community. Programs can be tailored for all ages.
Science Museum Exhibits
SkyDome Portable Planetarium
Weather permitting telescopes will be setup outside for visitors to view the Moon, Planets and other celestial wonders.
- Program Fee: $50 / Program
- Travel Fee: No Fee for the first 50 miles from Greenbrier, AR. – $0.50 / mile for each mile beyond 50.
Estimate fee by calculating distance from your school to Greenbrier and subtract 50. For example Greenbrier to Ft. Smith is 135 miles. 135-50 = 85. Estimate: $85 ($.50 / mile there + $.50 / mile back = $1 round trip / mile)
Unless other arrangements are made, program fee due on the date of the programs.
For the SkyDome
- Maximum capacity per show 25 people.
- Supervising adult must be present during each show.
- Organization assumes responsibility for damage to equipment / exhibits caused by participants beyond normal wear and tear.
- Indoor room (Gym, Cafeteria, etc.) Minimum floor space: 30 feet by 30 feet
- Minimum ceiling height: 12 feet with no obstructions (light fixtures, etc.)
- 2 grounded 120-volt standard electrical outlets.
- Clean, swept floor.
- Easy access to parking to load / unload equipment
- ~30 minute setup / take down time
Schedule A Program
For more information or to schedule a program contact Stephen, program host, at:firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.314.9250
Please schedule at least two weeks in advance. We can also help you pick a date based upon upcoming events or moon phase.