Arkansas SkyDome Portable Planetarium and Science Museum
Home School / Co-Op Programs
Our home school co-op program is tailor to meet your needs. If you have a small co-op we can include classroom astronomy lessons along with the planetarium program, to provide a full day of service. For larger groups, each session can be tailored to a different grade level. We’ll work with you to make sure your students have a rich and rewarding experience that will excite them about the possibilities of S.T.E.M. Upon request, we can also teach our programs around a Biblical worldview.
|Typical School Day Program:
Science Museum Exhibits – All Ages
SkyDome Portable Planetarium
All programs are taught by a live instructor.
Telescope Viewing: Grade 5-12
|Astronomy Night Program:
Students, parents and siblings are invited to share an evening under the stars.
The program begins inside with an interactive presentation on what’s visible in the night sky, current events, and telescope use. We bring our traveling exhibits and NASA memorabilia for the students and their families to explore. Then, weather permitting, telescopes are setup outside to view the Moon, planets and other celestial wonders. Have students bring astronomical themed treats to share (i.e. star clusters, moon pies, milk, ect.) and you’ve got the making of a memorable night under the stars for your students and their families.
Note: To give everyone ample time to enjoy the telescopes we recommend a maximum of 3 classrooms (~ 100 people max.) per evening.
Ask how you can include the SkyDome for community night sky programs prior to the Astronomy Night Program and how you can use Astronomy Night as a fundraising program.
- Home School Day Program: $150
- Astronomy Night Program: $75
- Day & Night Combined: $200
- Travel Fee: No Fee for the first 50 miles from Greenbrier, AR. – $0.50 / mile for each mile beyond 50.
Estimate fee by calculating distance from your school to Greenbrier and subtract 50. For example Greenbrier to Ft. Smith is 135 miles. 135-50 = 85. Estimate: $85 ($.50 / mile there + $.50 / mile back = $1 round trip / mile)
We know money can be tight for home school parents. Call us if you need us to help work with you on the cost.
General School Info.
- Maximum capacity of 27 students Grades 3-4 / 25 students Grades 4-7 / 22 students Grades 8-12 per program.
- A teacher / parent must be present during student’s visit.
- For groups greater than 50 miles travel fee is a one time fee and can be shared by different groups if booked consecutive days in same area.
- Group assumes responsibility for damage to equipment / exhibits caused by students beyond normal wear and tear.
- Unless other arrangements are made, program fee due on the date of the programs.
- Indoor room (Gym, Cafeteria, etc.) Minimum floor space: 30 feet by 30 feet
- Minimum ceiling height: 12 feet with no obstructions (light fixtures, etc.)
- Easy access to outdoors for telescope use.
- 2 grounded 120-volt standard electrical outlets.
- Clean, swept floor.
- Easy access to parking for bringing and removing equipment.
- 45 minutes to setup and breakdown equipment.
- For multi-day visits, the mobile planetarium must remain in the locked facility.
Schedule A Program
For more information or to schedule a program contact Stephen, program host, at: email@example.com or 501.314.9250
Please schedule at least two weeks in advance. We can also help you pick a date based upon upcoming events or moon phase.